Welcome!!!

Welcome to Paintbrush Rocket! I am an elementary art teacher who has taught for 14 years in Ohio, borrowing and sharing lots of lessons from many other wonderful art teacher along the way. And a BIG THANKS to my good friend Laura, aka, Painted Paper who has inspired me to get in the blogging world! Laura has been a great inspiration and local buddy to collaborate with. I look forward to sharing my ideas and borrowing all of yours! Have a great year!

Friday, October 19, 2012

3rd Grade Spooky Castles

These castles are painted directly with black tempera and colored with oil pastels.  A little gray chalk for the spooky sky and you have a spooky castle! If you have a Smart Board, I highly recommend the virtual tour of Warwick Castle in Warwick, England. My students LOVED the virtual tour so much, it was difficult to get them in their seats to paint!  They were motivated and inspired!




1 comment:

  1. Kids love castles no matter what age! Love the black paint outline. It really helps the colors and details to stand out! :)

    ReplyDelete