Welcome!!!

Welcome to Paintbrush Rocket! I am an elementary art teacher who has taught for 14 years in Ohio, borrowing and sharing lots of lessons from many other wonderful art teacher along the way. And a BIG THANKS to my good friend Laura, aka, Painted Paper who has inspired me to get in the blogging world! Laura has been a great inspiration and local buddy to collaborate with. I look forward to sharing my ideas and borrowing all of yours! Have a great year!

Friday, October 19, 2012

4th Grade Day of the Dead Skeletons

These skeletons and flowers are made from Cloud Clay.  We painted the backgrounds with tempera and Modge Podge first, then created the skeletons and flower decorations.  Lastly, we painted the whole thing with another layer of Modge Podge.  These skeletons are attached forever!  
Such a fun lesson to teach!!!




2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I have tons of Model Magic that I can probably use in the same way! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I LOVED every minute of this lesson!!! However, I kind of wish I had the kids paint black backgrounds... the bright warms are nice, but I bet they would have popped more with black paint.

      Delete